The Sacramento region is rich with many resources, and natural gas is one of them. As a result, many of our clients use gas in their furnaces, water heaters, and even kitchen stoves. Even homeowners who aren’t hooked up to the natural gas “grid” often find themselves using propane in the same way others use natural gas. The result is a whole lot of gas in our region! That can be a really good thing–after all, gas is cheaper than electricity–call it another benefit of the Golden State! And if you’re like our grandma, you swear by using gas stoves and ovens instead of electrical heating coils. But as HVAC contractors who also service water heaters, we at Bell Brothers know that many of you are concerned when it comes to natural gas in your home. Along with the benefits of this power source come some potential drawbacks, and the scariest of those is the possibility of carbon monoxide in your house. Today we’ll talk about that, and mention a few cases where our clients were very lucky–and should have been more concerned sooner.