Bell Brothers is the best of the best when it comes to Sacramento plumbing repair. We offer professional, timely service, maintenance, and repairs for any sewer or pipe job. Get in touch with our No Surprise Guys today and we’ll be happy to come take a look at your Sacramento home. Call 916-226-9799 seven days a week. Or, check out our online scheduling tool HERE.
There’s never a good time to have to deal with a plumbing repair—I’ll be the very first one to admit that. Even when you can plan out your plumbing services ahead of time, it’s always an inconvenience for Sacramento homeowners. There is, however, a pretty efficient way to mitigate that stress, and a simple one at that: learn all that you can about plumbing repair and the best ways to go about it.
That’s why today I want to dish out the 411 on Sacramento plumbing repair, including signs that your house is in dire need of repair. There are also a handful of problems that are common in our area—older house issues, trees dropping branches and other debris that clog up sewers, and finding the best company for your plumbing job, which is, of course, Bell Brothers.
Yes sir, I do believe that the two primary truths of the plumbing business are that the pipes are a vital part of the home and that homeowners are never excited when they have to call out a plumber. There’s no changing either of those facts. What we’ll try to change here today, though, is how prepared you are for making sure the plumbing in your house is in the best possible shape.
Sacramento Plumbing Repair Tip No. 1: Learn to Look for Signs of Trouble
There’s a special art to plumbing leak detection. Here at Bell Brothers, we know it inside and out because it’s our business. You, as a homeowner, though, need to know when it’s time to call in a pro.
Here are two common areas in your home where you should always be on the lookout to detect plumbing leaks and other issues in need of repair:
- Beneath the slab of your home: Most homes in Sacramento have plumbing lines underneath the concrete slab that they sit on. These plumbing lines are responsible for bringing water into the home for faucets and sewage from toilets and other drains away from the home. It’s possible for these lines to spring a leak. A major sign to help you detect a leak in the plumbing beneath your home is a sewage backup. This happens when the outgoing pipe can’t do its job, often because a leak has become so significant that it hinders its flow and the sewage you try to flush away backs up into your drains. As soon as you notice any sign of a sewage backup, you’ll want to call in the trained plumbing experts from Bell Brothers to investigate.
- Inside your walls and floors: There are pipes within your Sacramento home’s walls. Like any other pipes, age or wear and tear can cause them to start leaking. This is often evident when mold starts to grow in a place that is usually warm and dry. At the first sign of mold on your walls or on your floors, you’ll want to immediately get the plumbing experts from Bell Brothers to come check for the source of the problem. Mold is a real safety hazard for your home and your family, but the professionals at Bell Brothers can root out the source of the trouble.
Bell Brothers offers experienced Sacramento plumbing repair work, as well as estimates and project evaluations. Our experienced plumbing experts would be happy to give your home an informational visit, free of charge, anytime. Just call the No Surprise Guys at 916-226-9799. We’re available to offer our expert advice 7 days a week. Or, use our online scheduling tool HERE. The price we quote for your project is the price you’ll pay—guaranteed.
Sacramento Plumbing Repair Tip No. 2: Work with Plumbers Who Know Their Financing
Here in our area, we’re lucky to have a number of great financing options to help you upgrade your home. There’s a wide range of plumbing projects these financing options can help you out with, ranging from tankless water heater installation to non-plumbing related upgrades like new windows or insulation. These options include a number of loan and financing programs, like PACE, HERO, SMUD, CaliforniaFirst, Ygrene, and more. It can definitely be hard to sort through them all, especially when you’re also dealing with a plumbing repair job. An experienced contract like Bell Brothers, however, can help you through the maze of choices. That’s really important.
Here are the main financing programs and options you should know:
- PACE: PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) is a public-private partnership that offers loans to make energy upgrades accessible and affordable for homeowners. One thing to consider about PACE loans is that the loan is tied to the home rather than the homeowner. If the loan is not paid off and you choose to sell, the balance stays with the home. You can learn more about the PACE financing program HERE.
- HERO: The HERO financing program, which stands for Home Energy Renovation Opportunity, is a local government-approved loan that finances energy and water efficient home upgrades. Homeowners can get up to 100% of the cost of upgrades covered, with terms as long as 25 years available. Learn more about the HERO financing program HERE.
- SMUD: The Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) offers money back and/or rebates on energy efficient appliances, like heat pumps, water heaters, smart thermostats, clothes washers, and room air conditioners. In order to qualify for the program, homeowners must ensure their appliances are SMUD approved, so be sure to ask your local contractor for help with this. Learn more about SMUD incentives and rebates HERE.
- CaliforniaFirst (CalFIRST): CalFIRST is an upfront financing program for energy efficiency upgrades much like the other programs. What’s unique about CalFIRST is that they offer flexible payment programs, typically between 5 and 30 years. And, should you move before paying off your loan, any outstanding amount due can be easily transferred to the property tax bill of your new home. Learn more about the CaliforniaFIRST financing program HERE.
- Ygrene: The Ygrene Energy Fund offers 100% financing for residential upgrades complying with set standards of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and in some areas water conservation and storm protection. One of the best things about this program is that you find out whether you’ve received financing within 30 minutes of submitting your application. So, if you’re itching to get a jump on your project, Ygrene could be a great choice for you. Learn more about the Ygrene Energy Fund HERE.
Sacramento Plumbing Repair Tip No. 3: Look for Help From the Bell Brothers Team
We’ve talked in the past about how to find the best plumbers in Sacramento and what those plumbers should know, but I think it’s worth repeating again here today. Your pipes, after all, are one of the most important components in your entire home.
There are many, many things that all the best plumbers in Sacramento should know, but in this day and age, there are two modern plumbing jobs that are absolutely vital to making sure you’re getting the best possible plumbing service for your home. I’m talking about trenchless sewer repair and tankless water heater installation.
Luckily for you, we here at Bell Brothers have been doing these jobs for years. In fact, we were among the first in the Sacramento area to offer these services, and we’ve helped hundreds of homeowners throughout the region determine if this sort of work is right for their homes. We’d love to help you do the same!
So, there you have it: a great starter guide for all that Northern California homeowners should know about calling in a pro to handle their Sacramento plumbing and repair work. The main thing for you to remember, though, is that the seasoned pros at Bell Brothers have been the best plumbers in Sacramento for many years. With our investments in training our plumbers for new work like tankless water heater installation and trenchless sewer repair, we also offer all the modern jobs that are vital for homeowners to keep their houses up-to-date.
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and to get some expert Sacramento plumbing repair answers. At Bell Brothers, our trained plumbing professionals would be delighted to help you make your home more water efficient by a tankless water heater—or any other project you may be interested in.
Wondering how to finance water efficiency improvements—or even a furnace or windows upgrade? HERO is a unique financing option that helps California homeowners afford energy efficient upgrades to their home. Contact Bell Brothers, a HERO-approved contractor, to learn more. Our local HVAC, plumbing, and window specialists will walk you through the entire process, from applications to installation.