Window Installation Sacramento: Choosing the Best Replacement Windows to Install
Sacramento is a fun place to play, but it’s an even better place to raise a family. Aside from all the kid-friendly things to do in Sacramento, there are excellent communities with thriving schools, low crime rates, low unemployment, and affordable cost of living. In fact, along with the surrounding towns, it’s been rated as one of the best places to raise a family. So, it’s no wonder that the housing market is booming.
Of course, if you’re considering buying a home in Sacramento, there are certain things you’ll want to look for; things like a big backyard, plenty of bedrooms, and an open floor plan are all common needs for a young or growing family. But factors like solid construction and energy efficiency are important as well, and one deciding feature that can affect those factors is the type of windows your home has.
Whether you’re buying a house for the first time or are thinking of updating your home, having the best windows and window installation for the Sacramento Valley is vital to your family’s comfort—and your budget. Things like durability, noise dampening, and ability to keep out dust and other allergens are so important for families when choosing the best replacement windows to install. You need to consider installing windows that will keep your family home in Sactown cozy, safe, and healthy while keeping your energy bill down.
Durable Window Installation in Sacramento
If you’ve got kids, the first quality that everything in your home needs is durability, and windows are no exception. They need to be able to withstand heavy weather, like wind, rain, and hail. And, especially since building permits for replacement windows are required in Sacramento, professional window installation is recommended and will ensure your home is properly sealed. A local Sacramento window installation expert can also help you choose:
- Window frame material: Before the 1970s, window frames were typically made of wood. While they had a lot of aesthetic appeal, they didn’t provide much in the way of rot and moisture resistance. Nowadays, we have a range of materials to choose from when installing replacement windows, from plastic to aluminum that not only resist rot but can also form a tighter seal with the walls of your home, preventing moisture from seeping in when installed properly by a professional. This not only improves the longevity and durability of your windows, but of your home as well.
- Window pane type: Single pane windows were the standard for generations, providing minimal protection from the elements due to their lack of insulative properties. But with the invention of double and triple pane windows, Sacramento homes with replacement windows professionally installed now have additional insulation from heat gain from the sun, as well as from moisture from rain and humidity.
Window Installation to Dampen Sacramento Noise Pollution
Moving to a great city like Sacramento means easy access to all kinds of things, like live music, restaurants, professional sports games, and a host of other cultural events, festivals, and activities. But families can be surprised to find that with all the amenities that a bustling city affords, it also comes with a lot of noise pollution as well. Rumbles and commotion from nearby roadways, railways, airports, or construction sites, as well as other common neighborhood sounds like garbage trucks and lawn mowers, can really affect your quality of life. That’s why Sacramento families should consider noise proof windows for their home. The benefits of installing noise canceling windows are:
- Less noise pollution: Since most sound travels through your windows and doors, this can make all the difference. Custom-made windows installed by a professional and specially designed to cancel Sacramento’s bustling city noise can reduce and often eliminate the sound transfer from outside, leaving your home peacefully quiet. And any home with a baby or near a train track or airport knows how important that is.
- Additional insulation: Noise reducing windows are placed behind your existing windows and can provide an extra layer of insulation. If properly installed by a window professional, they can help eliminate drafts and any moisture that might find it’s way into your home.
Allergen Resistant Window Installation Against Sacramento’s Pollen Problem
In our home, everyone suffers from some sort of allergies, and anyone that’s lived in Sacramento for long knows how miserable they can be. Windows play a big part in affecting indoor air quality. Factors to consider when choosing new windows to prevent allergies in your home are:
- Tight seals: Allergens like pollen travel through the air, which is why it’s so important to eliminate any drafty windows in your home. Having a tightly sealed window frame with no cracks or leaks is the first line of defense—and is often the result of having a professional window installer install your replacement windows properly. The seal can also be improved by purchasing custom-made windows for your home, as opposed to stock windows that have to be retrofitted to the frame.
- Ventilating vs. non-ventilating windows: Windows that open should have tightly sealed gaskets when closed to prevent drafts that can carry allergens. But one way to prevent them totally is to have fixed windows professionally installed in your Sacramento home where you can, like in stairwells or for floor-to-ceiling windows. This will drastically cut down on the amount of pollen that finds its way into your home.
- Window frame materials: The frame of your window needs to be constructed of a material resistant to moisture, like aluminum or plastic, and be installed by a professional installer for the tightest seal. Window frames made of wood tend to absorb water, leading to mold growth and leaky seals. This can be really bad for the Sacramento allergy sufferers in your home, especially if mold and mildew spread to the walls and pollen is allowed to come in through leaks and cracks in the frame.
California living is at it’s best in the Northern part of the state with its great weather, beautiful geography, diverse culture, and affordable living; if you’re looking for the ideal place to raise a family, Sacramento is your town. And while the housing market is definitely prospering, buying an affordable home in one of the many desirable communities in and around Sacramento is an easily attainable dream for optimistic buyers. But even if the price is right, you still need to consider the factors that will make your home comfortable and affordable for years to come, such as well insulated, soundproof windows with a tight seal.
When considering a replacement window installation for your new or existing Sacramento family home, consider factors such as their durability, ability to reduce noise, and resistance to allergens.
When considering a replacement window installation for your new or existing Sacramento family home, consider factors such as their durability, ability to reduce noise, and resistance to allergens. Proper installation is also a key factor when having new windows installed—and should always be done by an experienced professional. Because, when replacing windows for your family home, hardy, well-insulated windows that seal out noise and allergens will not only improve the comfort of your home, but also its value for years to come.
If you’re replacing your windows or buying new ones, contact the window installation Sacramento professionals at Bell Brothers for their expert advice on the best replacement windows to install in your home.
Image courtesy Unsplash user Teddy Kelley