Everything You Need to Know about Air Conditioner Installation
Depending on where you live, keeping your home cool and comfortable all year long is harder than it seems.
The weather might not be on your side all the time, but a new air conditioner installation is the perfect way to show that weather who’s boss.
But how do you get started? Here is everything that you need to know about air conditioner installation in a way that’s easy to understand.
Know the Real Process of Getting a New AC
There are a few key points to be mindful of as you look through the wide array of AC units to install.
Since these are full house systems, here’s what you need to think about:
- Talk to a reputable company with a longstanding reputation in the community. They’re going to make sure that you get exactly what you need, not just what seems good to have now.
- The plan is everything when it comes to AC installation: the step-by-step process of going from the old system to the new system is important.
- Installation length matters. You and your family have plenty of other things going on, so it’s great to have a clear understanding of what’s happening at every step.
Selecting the right AC system isn’t something to be taken lightly. Feel free to ask your comfort advisor any questions that you need to ask in order to avoid any surprises.
Important Points to Consider During the Selection Process
Yes, there are a lot of points to consider along the way, but it’s designed that way to ensure you get the exact system that’s right for your home.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The size of your home really makes a difference. The size of your HVAC system should be matched to the size of your house, which not only includes your homes square footage An HVAC system that’s too small or too big will be energy-inefficient and may not even temperature treat your home properly
- The SEER reading is what shows the unit’s efficiency, which is an important factor in determining the right system.
- BTUs will come up in the conversation, a measurement of how hot (or cool!) your system can get.
- Balancing system needs with what’s going to be cost-effective is tough. Keep asking questions and letting your representative present the options.
The best way to figure out the right system is to see what your options are and balance them against the needs of the household.
Let that guide you through the process.
Don’t Let These Pitfalls Keep You from Staying Cool
Air conditioner installation isn’t without its pitfalls.
- The ductwork usually needs a bit of an upgrade by the time your due for a new system, so make sure that it’s addressed before the new system comes in.
- Routine maintenance keeps your HVAC system running efficiently, but it can get ignored as life’s demands increase.
- Insulation keeps more cooled/heated air inside your home, so bad insulation ends up costing a lot more money than you think.
- Keeping good maintenance records for the new system will become a great selling point if you ever decide to sell your home in the future, so put your notes in a safe place.
Your HVAC representative can give you even more specialized suggestions after looking at your home’s specifics, but these are a great way to get started.
Get the Professional AC Installation You Deserve!
While there are plenty of things that you can handle around the house yourself, your AC conditioner installation just isn’t one of those tasks.
It’s highly recommended you get a professional team out to help you select the right unit, as well as get it installed. AC replacement doesn’t have to be difficult at all.
But modern technology with AC systems continues to get better and better, which means that upgrading gives you access to that power as well.
Let a professional company meet with you, hear your requirements, and make qualified suggestions.
They can get the system installed and ready to work hard for you for a very long time to come.
Click here or call the number at the top of the screen to schedule an appointment with the HVAC experts at Bell Brothers.